The General Meeting is the highest decision-making body of MTG and a forum for shareholders to exercise influence.
The Annual General Meeting shall be held within six months of the end of the financial year. At the Annual General Meeting, resolutions shall be passed with respect to the adoption of the income statement and balance sheet as well as the consolidated income statement and balance sheet, the disposition of the Company’s earnings according to the adopted balance sheet, the discharge of liability for the Board of Directors and the Chief Executive Officer, appointment of the Board of Directors and their Chairman and the Company’s auditors, and certain other matters provided for by law and the Articles of Association.
Shareholders wishing to have matters considered at the Annual General Meeting should submit their proposals in writing either by post to the Company Secretary, Modern Times Group MTG AB, Annual General Meeting, P.O. Box 2094, SE-103 13 Stockholm, Sweden or by email to email@example.com at least seven weeks before the Annual General Meeting in order for the proposal to be included in the notice to the meeting.
Further details on how and when to register will be published in advance of the meeting.
Annual General Meeting 2021
The Annual General Meeting held on 18 May 2021 resolved on the proposed resolutions in the following way.
The AGM resolved to re-elect Chris Carvalho, Simon Duffy, Gerhard Florin, Dawn Hudson, Marjorie Lao and Natalie Tydeman as members of the Board, and to elect Simon Leung as new member of the Board. The AGM further elected Simon Duffy as new Chairman of the Board.
The AGM adopted the Income Statement and the Balance Sheet as well as the consolidated Income Statement and the consolidated Balance Sheet, and resolved that MTG’s retained earnings, the share premium reserve and the result for the year are to be carried forward.
The AGM resolved to discharge the Board and the Chief Executive Officers from liability for the financial year 2020.
The AGM also resolved:
- to approve the Board’s Remuneration Report for 2020.
- to approve remuneration to the Board and Auditor.
- to re-elect KPMG AB as Auditor until the end of the 2022 Annual General Meeting. Helena Nilsson will continue as Auditor-in-charge.
- to adopt new updated guidelines for remuneration to senior executives.
- to authorise the Board to, on one or more occasions during the period up until the next Annual General Meeting, resolve upon the issue of new Class B shares with or without deviation from the shareholders’ preferential rights. New share issues resolved by the Board using the authorisation shall, in aggregate, represent no more than 15% of the total number of shares in the company at the time when the Board exercises this authorisation for the first time. At least one third (1/3) of this authorisation is intended to be used as payment/consideration in connection with acquisitions (in kind or through set-off), and the remainder may be used for new issues to raise capital for acquisitions.
At a constituent meeting of the Board of Directors following the Annual General Meeting, the Audit and Remuneration Committees were appointed. Marjorie Lao was appointed as Chairman of the Audit Committee, with Chris Carvalho and Simon Leung appointed as Committee members. Gerhard Florin was appointed as Chairman of the Remuneration Committee, with Natalie Tydeman and Dawn Hudson appointed as Committee members.
MTG Annual General Meeting 2021 Presentation
Notice to the 2021 Annual General Meeting