We are now recruiting a Gaming Portfolio Manager to join our Portfolio Management team, to be based in the United States.
We offer candidates an exciting and dynamic work environment with extensive freedom that comes with responsibility, a competitive benefits and compensation package and the opportunity to be part of a tightly knit team of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds. With gaming set to continue thriving, MTG offers the opportunity to work with the industry’s brightest minds and shape the future of entertainment, building the best home for gaming that already includes InnoGames, Hutch, Kongregate, Ninja Kiwi and PlaySimple.
- You will work with the MTG Gaming portfolio daily, supporting portfolio companies with executing strategic projects, creating and executing on an efficient but meaningful reporting infrastructure while serving as a trusted advisor to both MTG as well as your portfolio stakeholders.
- Own and develop both financial and KPI focused performance reports (incl. discounted cash flow valuations and scenario analysis)
- Support execution of market & company analysis and implement strategic growth plans
- Create a project management office (PMO) as a central hub for all portfolio projects and manage their progress against clear objectives
- Maintain regular dialogue with MTG’s portfolio companies, acting as a strategic and operational sparring partner
- 2-3 years of professional work experience in top-tier strategy consulting, corporate finance, private equity, investment banking or leading position in gaming or esports company
- Excellent history of academic success within commercial, technical, or natural science
- Strong interest in the gaming and esports industry
- Entrepreneurial personality with an ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical skills (financial modeling, accounting, etc.)
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of self-discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Very strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Insights into the exciting gaming industries
- Hands-on experience with some of the industries’ most prolific entrepreneurs and teams
- Steep learning curve
- Global perspective on the gaming and esports investment sector
- Open door policy, flat hierarchies, and unique corporate culture
- Period: Full-time
- Location: United States, San Francisco / US West Coast preferred – candidates are required to hold relevant work permits for these locations
Occasional travel for events and meetings with gaming portfolio
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter and transcripts to Jobs@mtg.com