Please note that this Service may contain links to and from websites held by our affiliated brands and products. If you follow a link to any of these websites or use third party services, you should be aware that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not assume any liability for their processing of your personal data. Please read their privacy policies before providing your personal data to them.
What personal data do we collect and why?
When you subscribe to MTG’s press releases and reports using our Service, we collect personal data about you, based on your consent, to facilitate the automatic delivery of regulatory and general press releases to your email inbox once they are published on our Service.
The personal data that you actively provide to us in this case is your e-mail address.
We may also collect other information regarding your use of our Services through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
Is it mandatory to provide personal data?
The personal data that we request from you is required by us for administrative and technical reasons in order to provide our Service’s subscription feature. You can unsubscribe from our Service’s communications at any time by using the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you received from us when subscribing, or by contacting comms(at)mtg.com.
Who whom might we share personal data?
Third parties for security or other legitimate reasons
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties if we reasonably believe that disclosure of such personal data is necessary:
• to comply with valid legal obligations including subpoenas, court orders, governmental requests or search warrants, and as otherwise authorized by law;
• to protect our rights or property, or the safety of our customers or employees;
• to protect against fraudulent, malicious, abusive, unauthorized or unlawful use of or subscription to our Services and to protect our network, Services, devices and users from such use;
• to advance or defend against complaints or legal claims in court, administrative proceedings and elsewhere;
• to outside auditors and regulators.
Third party suppliers
We may use third party suppliers to perform services for us, such as infrastructure and IT services (including but not limited to data storage), customer services, customer inquiry processing and other statistical analyses. In the performance of these services, third party suppliers may have access to your personal data but are only authorized to process it strictly on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions.
Where do we process personal data?
How long do we keep personal data?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we consider necessary for the fulfilment of your subscription request, after which we will securely delete or in some cases anonymise your personal data. We perform regular status checks to review when personal data needs to be deleted. However, as we process personal data for various purposes, the actual period for which your personal data will be stored will depend on the circumstances.
How do we protect personal data?
Safeguarding your personal data is a priority for us. Any personal data that you provide to us is stored on secure servers, and we use rigorous procedures to protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data.
Although we work hard to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal data. However, in the event of a physical or technical incident, we maintain security and incident response plans to handle such incidents in a timely manner and limit any negative effect of such incidents.
How can you access your personal data?
We understand that you may require further information from us regarding your personal data and how it is processed, or that you may wish to update or correct the personal data with which you have provided us. In light hereof, you have inter alia the following rights:
• Right to access your personal data: you have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and information.
• Right to rectification of personal data: if you find that personal data that we process about you is inaccurate, you have the right to have us correct such personal data.
• Right to erasure of personal data (right to be forgotten): under certain circumstances, such as if your personal data has been unlawfully processed or you have withdrawn your consent (if the processing of your personal data is based on consent), you have the right to request and obtain erasure of your personal data from us.
• Right to restriction of processing: under certain circumstances, such as if you question the accuracy of your personal data or you have objected to our legitimate purpose to process your personal data, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data until a solution has been found.
• Right to object to processing: under certain circumstances, such as if you question our legitimate interest to process your personal data, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to such processing.
• Right to data portability: if your personal data is processed by automated means based on your consent or for the fulfilment of our contractual relationship, you have the right to request that we provide you with your personal data on a machine-readable format for transmission to another data controller.
• Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: you have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data with your supervisory authority.
Please contact us using the contact details provided below to make a request in respect of your rights. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 30 days of receiving such a request. If we cannot honour your request within the 30-day period, we will let you know the reasons why and when we expect to be able to fulfil your request.
As a subscriber to press releases and reports from MTG, you can unsubscribe at any time by using the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you received when subscribing, or by contacting press(at)mtg.com.