- New corporate brand reflects company’s ambition to provide the best and broadest entertainment experiences in the Nordic region and beyond
- Nordic Entertainment Group to start operating as a separate organisation from 1 July
- A fully integrated broadcasting, streaming and content production company
Anders Jensen, NENT Group President and CEO: “The Nordic region is one of the world’s most dynamic media markets and our ambition is to provide the best and broadest entertainment experiences possible for our consumers and partners. We have a uniquely integrated model, and produce, broadcast and stream exciting content for viewers, listeners and followers. The launch of our new and vibrant brand is the latest step along our path to becoming a separate listed company.”
In 2017, NENT Group delivered full year net sales of SEK 13,684 million (SEK 12,876 million in 2016) and EBITDA before Group central costs of SEK 1,771 million (SEK 1,557 million in 2016).
NENT Group’s platforms and brands
A fully integrated broadcasting, streaming and content production company, NENT Group operates the following platforms and brands:
- Pay TV: Viasat channels and satellite platform; and Viaplay streaming service (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)
- Free TV: TV3, TV3+, TV3 PULS, TV3 MAX, TV3 Sport (Denmark); TV3, Viasat4, TV6 (Norway); TV3, TV6, TV8, TV10 (Sweden); and Viafree streaming service (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)
- Radio: commercial radio stations in Norway and Sweden and the I LIKE RADIO streaming service
- Studios: 30 production companies in 17 countries and Splay Networks
- Operator services: Viasat broadband and IPTV is now accessible to over 1.3 million Swedish households through 35 open fibre networks.
NENT Group’s content
NENT Group’s unique content ecosystem includes:
- An unmatched portfolio of sports rights, including UEFA Champions League, FA Premier League, The Championship, NHL, KHL, Formula 1, NFL, European Tour golf, UFC, World Boxing Super Series and many more
- Partnerships with major international studios, including Disney, NBC Universal, Sony Pictures and 20th Century Fox
- Over 50 original productions, with 14 premiered (most recently ‘Rig 45’, ‘The Lawyer’ and ‘Stella Blómkvist’), 18 in production and 22 in development.
NENT Group’s corporate brand
NENT Group has launched a new corporate brand that reflects its ambitions to provide the best and broadest entertainment experiences in the Nordic region and beyond.
Viewers, listeners, fans and partners can now engage with NENT Group via its new website and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Starting today, NENT Group’s brand identity is also visible across the company’s platforms and content as well as at its offices.
NENT Group’s leaders
About the split of MTG
On 23 March 2018 it was announced that the Board of Directors of MTG has decided to initiate a process to split MTG into two companies – Modern Times Group MTG AB and NENT Group – by distributing all the shares in NENT Group to MTG’s shareholders and listing these shares on Nasdaq Stockholm during the second half of 2018. More information about the split of MTG and NENT Group can be found here.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is part of Modern Times Group MTG AB (publ), a leading international digital entertainment group listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘MTGA’ and ‘MTGB’). NENT Group is proposed to be listed separately on Nasdaq Stockholm during the second half of 2018.
Download high-resolution photos: Flickr