On 1 September, this year’s Kristallen winners will be chosen by the Swedish viewing public, together with an expert jury, at a glittering gala shown live by public broadcaster SVT. This year’s nominations show how MTG is igniting experiences across platforms – we’re shortlisted in no fewer than 13 categories!
- TV sport profile of the year: Frida Nordstrand (MTG Sport/TV3)
- Program of the year: ‘Parneviks’ (TV3/Viafree)
- Female host of the year: Antonia “Anty” Johnson (Viafree)
- Male host of the year: Måns Zelmerlöw and Alexander Wiberg (TV6/Viafree)
And the jury categories:
- Children’s program of the year: ‘The Great Escape’ (Viaplay)
- Docusoap of the year: ‘Paradise Hotel’ (TV3/Viafree)
- News review of the year: ‘200 Seconds’ (Viafree/Aftonbladet)
- Comedy show of the year: ‘Swedish Dicks’ (Viaplay)
- Male actor of the year (TV production): Filip Berg, ‘Black Lake’ (TV3/Viaplay)
- Reality show of the year: ‘Young Mums’ (Viafree/TV3)
- TV drama of the year: ‘Black Lake’ (TV3/Viaplay)
- TV personality of the year: Julia and Milan (Viafree/TV3)
- Entertainment show of the year: ‘Sweden’s Bravest’ (TV3/Viafree)
Eight nominations for Viafree is a real achievement – our free TV streaming platform celebrated its first birthday this month. So far in 2017, the number of started Viafree streams is up 60%.
“MTG is at the forefront of digital entertainment and it’s great to see so many exclusive Viaplay and Viafree formats nominated together with TV3 and TV6. We’re leading the way when it comes to partnerships and co-operation across platforms,” says Karolina Stallwood, Content Director at MTG Sweden.
Considered the Swedish equivalent of the Emmy awards, Kristallen celebrates original TV productions of outstanding artistical and technical quality, and aims to stimulate both creative storytelling and public confidence in the future of television.
Tickets to attend this year’s Kristallen are available here – and don’t forget to choose your MTG favourites on 1 September!
NOTES TO EDITORS
MTG (Modern Times Group MTG AB (publ.)) is a leading international digital entertainment group and we are shaping the future of entertainment by connecting consumers with the content that they love in as many ways as possible. Our brands span TV, radio and next generation entertainment experiences in esports, digital video networks and online gaming. Born in Sweden, our shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘MTGA’ and ‘MTGB’).
email@example.com (or Tobias Gyhlénius, Head of Public Relations; +46 73 699 27 09)
Download high-resolution photos: Flickr